Sunday 29 November 2015

PASTOR'S REFLECTION

What have you done for God?
“I gave my life for you, My precious blood I shed that I might redeem you; And quicken you from the dead; I gave my life for you; what have you given Me?”
“I suffered much for you; more than your tongue call tell; of bitterest agony; to rescue you from hell; I suffered much for you; what can you bear for me?”
Beloved, the Lord asked us two questions here, one, pertaining to what you have done, and another on what you are prepared to do for Him and His kingdom. I see this cry of the Lord as simply a call to every child of God to define his/her relationship with God. It is clearly obvious that the Lord does not encourage a one-sided relationship where just one partner pours out all that sustains the relationship.
Apostle Paul, long ago, personally answered the Lord, and defined his relationship with God:
“But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ; Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the Excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord; for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ.” (Phil 3:7-8)
Today, the Lord is waiting for my answer and yours. If we don't answer Him now, sooner or later we will do, either here or in the other divide. I make bold to ask you, child of God, as I have asked myself severally, what have you done for God or His kingdom? What can you bear for Christ, who bored so much for you? The truth is that no person was ever honored for what he received, rather honor has been the reward of what he gave (Calvin Coolidge, former American President).
To help you answer these questions raised by the Lord, identify the gains of yesterday, you have counted dung for Christ and the loss of things you have suffered for Christ, to advance God's kingdom. What burdens are you carrying today for Christ, for the glory of His name on earth?
Child of God, if you cannot identify anything of substance, you still have time today to begin to make amends. It requires a total surrendering of your life to Him and now is the acceptable time.

Pastor K. Nzeh

No comments:

Post a Comment